Friday, August 29, 2008

whaddup

Alright, so I am going to begin by telling you the basic stuff that everyone would probably want to know. My name is Gregory James Sutherland—and no, I am not related to Kiefer Sutherland. I was born on January 1st, 1988 in New Rochelle, NY. Shortly after, my parents moved to Sleepy Hollow, NY where I was raised my whole life. I have two younger sisters named Rebecca and Julia who I love to death. I always have their backs, and they have mine. Me and Rebecca connect on a deeper level though. She is closer to my age and more like me, so we relate to each other better. According to my sister Rebecca, I am too protective over them, but that’s how a big brother should be, right? My father is probably one of the biggest supporters in my life. I love him and we have a special relationship. He is always there for me no matter what I do. We are very close. My mother is all right. In high school we did not get along at all. She was to strict with me and I was a “rebel”. I did not like her rules and her ways, so I moved with my father junior year of high school. Now we are much better. Ever since I went to college, she is more liberal and laidback with the things I do. As much as I disliked her back in the day, she is my mother and I will love her no matter what. I can’t say I am a very family oriented person, but when it comes down to it, I will do anything and everything I can for my family.

Currently I attend the University at Buffalo. I am in my junior year and declaring Communication as my major this coming semester. I am currently taking COM 217, COM 240, COM 125, and COM 202, and STA 119. I live in the Sweet Home apartments on Sweet Home Rd. I live with three guys, one of which I have roomed with since freshman year.

As a youngster, my parents said I was a rebel and I think that stuck with me my entire life to an extent. As a child, I would constantly be in the principal’s office and was always up to mischievous things. Once I got into high school, I settled down a lot though still had a rebel attitude (I was voted class clown and class rebel for senior superlatives). I attended Sleepy Hollow Middle/High School from 2000-2006. I was on the varsity wrestling team from 8th grade to 12th. Normally you are only allowed on the varsity automatically when you are in 9th grade, so getting accepted in 8th grade was a big accomplishment for me. I wrestled in weight class 152, and wrestled against people in Section 1 (mainly Westchester County), and went to sections twice in 9th and 11th grade. I never came out on top, but I did get 2nd my junior year of high school which was another big accomplishment. In high school, I can say I was a pretty popular guy. I wouldn’t say I was the jock-type of popular. I was more of the laidback fun guy who was down to do anything.

When it comes to music I prefer rap and hip-hop. My favorite rapper of all time is Tupac Shakur. I find his life extremely interesting and admire his music.

Other rappers I enjoy listening to are Nas, Kanye West, T.I., Talib Kweli, L.O.X., Lupe Fiasco, and DMX. Now do not jump to the conclusion that I only like rap. I love oldies as well, including: Billy Joel, Beetles, Blue Oyster Cult, The Who, Eric Clapton, The Eagles, etc…

Pertaining to books and movies, I can say I hate books but love movies. If you put twenty of my favorite movies in front of me, I could sit inside all day and watch them back to back. Some of my favorite movies include Gladiator, The Patriot, Crimson Tide, Boondock Saints, Beerfest, the Die Hard and Lethal Weapon series. I am a huge fan of the TV series as well. I love 24, Prison Break, The Unit, Lost, and Jericho. As you can tell, I prefer to watch action movies.

I am a fun guy who enjoys doing almost everything. Some hobbies I enjoy are playing video games, biking, skiing, and partying.

One thing I hate doing is getting extra dressed up and going to fancy places. I also do not enjoy hanging out with people who are snobby and rich or who people who think they are better than everyone else. For example, one time my friend’s really rich uncle arranged for a small group of us to go to Bungalow 8 in Chelsea. I was wearing a button down shirt and my nicest pair of pants. In line, I was surrounded by rich snobby people wearing Prada and riding up to the entrance in limos. When we got into the bar, I ordered a beer. It cost about 10 bucks! I looked at the menu and glasses of wine were about 35 bucks and the most simple of beers were about 10 bucks. After a while, I left the Bungalow 8 and went to a simple little bar down the street with a few friends and had the best time ever. This is an example how I am in life. I am a laidback person who enjoys the simple things of life. I'll tell you one thing, I LOVE to party. I am out almost every night partying somewhere.

This summer I went on a road trip with my two best friends Sean and Jake. We drove to Philly, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Warrenton, VA, Virginia Beach, Raleigh, NC, Charleston, SC, and then our final stop was Atlanta, GA. We planned this trip very spontaneously. It was one of the best times of my life and I will have many memories of it. To be frank, we did some crazy stuff along this trip that brought us closer as friends. In high school, the three of us used to label ourselves the Trio, but me and Jake had a falling out around 10th grade and were not friends at all. This summer though we became close again and this road trip we took truly united us again as the Trio.

I could probably write about experiences and my life all day. Some stories better than others, but this is getting pretty long. So if you want to be friends with me, here is my Facebook link to my page.THIS IS MY PAGE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the class! Nice post!